Last updated: March 22, 2015
What Information We Collect and Why
When the Website you are browsing and surfing uses the Brow.si basic widget (enrichment layer) we will collect the following information about such website end users:
- Anonymous information: We may collect information that includes your mobile device type and version, operating system type and version, browser type, device ID, language preferences, details about your engagement with the Brow.si widget (including clicks and actions).
- Personal Information: Generally we do not collect personally identify information (“PII”) and we do not take steps to personally identify you. We may collect such personal information if you will voluntarily submit such information to us or if you choose to connect to one of your social networks profile via the Brow.si widget share options. In this case we will collect your data regarding your public profile in such social network. We may also collect the IP address that was allocated to your device by your Internet service provider and may consider (in some jurisdictions and given a specific circumstances) as personal information.
When such Website uses additional services for revenue generating purposes, we will additionally collect the following information:
- Anonymous information: We collect anonymous information about you as a user and about your mobile device. That includes: User agent (generated by your browser) and any engagement you make with advertisements displayed by us or by our advertiser partners (such as impressions, clicks, activities) to measure such ads performance and to constantly customized them to your preferences.
- Other Information: unless you voluntarily provide us with personally identifiable information about you (when you reach out to us by email for instance), we do not collect PII about you. We may collect information that in certain cases and given the legal authorization in the proper procedure, may consider PII. However, we do not use such information to identify you personally and we make sure that such information remain anonymous. Such information includes the IP address that was allocated to your device by your Internet service provider, browsing history.
Such information is necessary for compatibility purposes, providing the Services, measure performance and preferences so we will be able to constantly improve, and to extract some statistics.
Sharing Information with 3rd parties
We may share your information with our selected 3rd party partners to the extent and scope necessary to provide you with the Services, to measure them and to improve them. That includes the following types of 3rd parties and for the following purposes:
- Advertisers: for more info see sections 8 and 9 below.
- To comply with law, regulation, subpoena or court order;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, violation of our policies or technical issues;
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our partners, affiliates, users or the public;
At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose PII requested to be actively provided by you. If you choose not to provide such Personal Information, you may be unable to access certain features, programs, offers, and the Services that involve our interaction with you.
Access and Retention.
We wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request and you may be further requested to provide additional details in order to authenticate your identity and thereby accommodate your requests. Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise, we retain the information we collect (including your PII) for as long as needed to provide our Services or to improve them and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies and agreements.
Collection of Information by Third Parties.
Interaction with Third Party Products and Offers.
We do not use the Services to knowingly solicit data or information from or market to children under the age of 13 years. If we learn that we have collected any type of information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child (or minor under supervision) has provided us information without their consent or information that they would like to have removed, they should contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The security of your information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the information we retain (or Personal Information you have submitted to us). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Services or of the data, you can contact us at: email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.